Ronn Thomas from Cushman & Wakefield was retained by Sonar Corporation to sell the 196 room full service Clarion Inn.
- Owners did not want the hotel staff aware that the property was for sale.
- The property was a 50 year old, full service hotel that included a pool, banquet facilities, restaurant and outdoor patio bar.
- The hotel faced new competition, as several new hotels recently opened or were under construction nearby.
- The property sustained soil and ground water contamination from previous user and neighboring businesses.
- Buyer encountered lengthy and complicated city approval process.
- Discretely marketed the hotel so that employees were unaware of the sale.
- Found buyers by aggressively marketing the property throughout the upper Midwest.
- Sold property for a maximum value as a development site with appealing location along the main street in Rochester.
- Navigated process with the PCA to secure a No Association letter.
- Closed prior to buyer receiving all governmental approvals.